View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013   #80
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak/Schaub need to go now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I think the Texans might look at a free agent WR. I'm not saying we won't draft a WR but I think we won't draft one early. I think we go OL or LB in the first. The right side of the OL killed us all year long and Rashad Butler isn't gonna make it all better when he comes back. The Texans platooned the RG position all year long for a reason and I think that's because nobody claimed the spot outright. They'll go get more help there.

LB speaks for itself. Past Cushing we've got issues on the inside. James and Ruud are both good players but they're older and not going to be here long. I'm positive we go get another ILB. Maybe we get a RG or ILB in free agency but I think more likely draft there.
Agree with you on the O-line. We've got to get way better on the right side as well as adding - or developing - quality depth there.
Also, as I've said in previous threads, we've got to find us a Cushing/Patrick Willis-quality ILB. The talent drop-off when Cush went down was much to large to tolerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
agree with all of that but this slow, plodding offense needs speed, speed, speed. It was embarrassing watching this team nickle and dime it down the field without any ability to go deep. They need a Speed WR and some quickness in the slot in a big way.
Speed only works if you have a quality trigger man. And he doesn't need a "cannon for an arm". Like Montana hitting those sweet slants to Rice and John Taylor, the trigger man needs to time his throws so that his guy can catch the ball and catch it in stride then accelerate. Think back to tonight's game, Brady's longest throw was just forty yards. He doesn't have a "big arm" but he throws it to a spot where he knows his guy will be, can make the catch and keep on running. How many times have we seen him or Drew Brees throw the ball to a certain spot before the receiver has even come out of his break?! That's a timing throw. Schaub does not excel at those. I've seen him do it - hell, he hit Foster with one tonight - but it's not his strong suit.

Schaub, for the most part, has to see the guy open before he'll pull the trigger. And if Schaub does that with a speed guy, I'm afraid the speed guy will be out of Schaub's range by the time Schaub sees (and believes) that he's open.

Schaub needs to add the "throwing guys open" tactic to the offensive weaponry if we are to take advantage of any speed guys we pick up. If not they'll just be wasted.