Thread: Broken Tackles
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Broken Tackles

I want to preface this by saying that perception is not reality.

Ok, my perception tonight (and throughout the last 2 months) is that our players go down very easily while opposing players frequently break tackles and gain extra yardage.

On 3rd and 10, Schaub throws a 6 yard crossing route that goes for exactly 6 yards. Fury ensues.
On the other side of the ball, Brady throws a 6 yard crossing route, Hernandez makes the first guy miss, and he picks up 17 and a first down. Fury ensues.

I feel like our offense is usually set up in such a way that one missed tackle would allow another 10-15 yards. There are usually no defenders near the receiver except the one making the play.

Are we missing more tackles this season?
Or are our players not breaking as many tackles?
Is Schaub putting the ball in a place that prevents YAC?
Are our WRs not getting enough separation?

I know someone keeps a stat of yards after contact -- was there a big discrepency here? Or is this all rainy day syndrome where I feel like something is only true for our team that is really equally true across the NFL