View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013   #24
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 248345 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Well, that's a wrap. 2012 season final thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by checo446 View Post
This is something that hasn't been harped on enough. Our special teams has been awful this year. Outside of Manning's returns today, our field position as a whole has been awful, and we have given up multiple long returns throughout the year due to poor coverage. On the times we have gotten decent returns, usually they are brought back because holding or block in the back penalties.

Marciano needs to go and they need to bring in a focus on improving all aspects of the special teams, including getting rid of Graham and his inaccurate leg from over 50 yards (I was actually shocked when he got that 55 yarder today).
I think GP is right on that point, 100% (not that I'm one to call for a man's job or anything) that kick off return pretty much took the wind out of our sails & gave the Colts hope. Again, we were acting like we had the lead with our easy pace offense & "prevent" defense & lost that game.