View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013   #23
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Well, that's a wrap. 2012 season final thoughts

I like a coach who believes in his system. I like it, because coaches who believe in their system believes in teaching their system & the players they teach become better players in that system.

It's nice, that Shanahan was able to adjust his system for the dynamic QB he drafted 2nd overall, but by drafting another QB & letting RG3 run all over the place, I'm wondering if he's at all concerned about developing the franchise guy.

Because if he is, he's pretty much starting from scratch next season.

I am torn, because I believe Kubiak's emphasis on being a pro kept the dynamic players we needed on the bench. Posey, Jean, Martin, should have been on the field winning & losing games with the team, learning how to win games. Instead, when things got real, those guys were on the bench, Walter was stealing money & we lost those games anyway.

Whether you think Schaub is washed up, or the right side of the line is garbage, or that we don't have a true #2 WR, Kubiak managed to win 13 games & the division in spite of it all. That gives me hope that when we get that right side fixed, when we get those playmakers on the field, when Wade figures out the elite QBs.... then Kubiak is the guy that can get us to the Super Bowl.

I'm not satisfied with the way the season ended, but I'd be lying if I said I did not enjoy following this team & all the stuff that came with it. I can't wait to do it again next season.