Thread: 43 and 42...
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013   #47
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 43 and 42...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
I think part of our defensive problems is that we are seemingly never playing defense with a lead. Our defense is better when we are ahead. Our offense has been really good on 3rd down conversions in the past and now is just awful.

I'm not letting the defense off the hook, the offense brought us back to 17-13 and then the defense gives up a TD on the first drive after the half. Still, the offense doesn't 3 and out as much and we are in better shape defensively.
It doesn't help our offense when the opposing team punter (Mesko) keeps Schaub & Co. pinned back in terrible field position. By time Texans fight & claw to midfield they seem exhausted with the burden. Then Donnie Jones either makes poor contact with the football or doesn't angle/strategically knock the football down deep so in essence Patriots have only a short field to manage another score. I believe Donnie Jones average punt was only 36.4 yards per kick while Mesko averaged 52.8. But its actually worse than that because they don't count bringing the ball out to the 20 when its kicked into the endzone. They each kicked it 5 times so comparable field advantage was a plus 16.4 yards each possession to Tom Brady & the Patriot offense.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote