View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013   #308
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6656 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
No, a better stock manager is needed.

Ours is sticking with a dog stock, which happens to be maybe the most important stock.

He's stuck. If he bails on Schaub, he admits he failed. Then he has to regain trust by going out and getting "the next guy" to make things better. And if they don't get better, he thinks it's on him. For real, this time. So he's guilty of watching out for himself more than anything.

He's paralyzed in so many ways. His play calling, his inability to shake things up at QB, the uncertainty of going in a new direction.

Harbaugh, love him or hate him, he's trying to improve at the cost of maybe making the wrong pick at QB. He even brought in another kicker to push his veteran kicker. I don't personally like they guy, but from a football standpoint, in terms of TODAY'S NFL, I understand his thinking. I applaud it. Because he's in the NFCC game. We're discussing whether or not Matt Schaub can progress or not. And how there isn't another QB out there to take his place. Allegedly.

Didn't stop 49ers and Seahawks from taking a gamble on a couple of stocks that could replace a stock that was dogging it for awhile. Payoff!

Russell Wilson overcame multiple Lynch fumbles today, and overcame his porous defense that was letting the 49ers score at will. Wilson almost willed that team to victory.

Foster almost willed us to victory today, as did AJ, which they did last year too in the same divisional round as this year.

Imagine if we really had a QB who could move AND throw. Imagine it.
Imagining is great, but how do you make it reality? I would hope that our FO looks at an upgrade, but it's really not as easy to find one as you make it seem. I hope we use a first or second round pick on a QB, but that is far from a guarantee that there is an improvement.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote