View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013   #43
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What moves do you think will be made if any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
All the rules have been bent to the offense the past decade and every team in the league is seeping with speed....except for us. Watching the Pats, the Seattle v Atlanta game and the Packer v 9er game reinforced the notion (to me) that we need to follow the trends in the league and exploit the rule changes like everyone else is trying to do. While offense are opening up (even with rookie QB's) we are plodding along in our 90's Bronco offense hoping todays game changing player would be Graham...a slow plodding possession TE.
Yeah, agree with all of that. The thing about Graham is, I watched Gronkowski tear down the sideline like a WR and he looked faster than every single TE the Texans have ever had. That big guy in New Orleans (Graham oddly enough) looks the same way. Gigantic TE's that haul ass and look like slightly bigger and faster versions of Tony Gonzalez seem to be the direction things are going in. I was watching the game today and thinking the same thing you're talking about. The entire Patriots team seemed to be flying all over the field. They're fast, dare I say "Wicked fast". We looked like we were moving in slow motion on offense most of the day.

I think the game has passed Kubiak by just like it did Shanahan in Denver. Diminishing returns are in our future if we don't adjust.