View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013   #28
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104666 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan Re-Match with Patriot Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Still in heat of moment during 4th quarter (waiting for ruling on Posey TD) but its pretty clear Texans need to add speed on defense. Pass rusher, LB & CB.

Special teams suck, hard. Drafting a punter is warranted.

I think most will agree the time is now to address future QB to replace Schaub.

OL needs improvement but we already knew that spending two picks will help along with continued development of young players.

I'm not sure Casey has a spot. Getting a bigger more talented TE would really help in red zone.

Who is blocking for Foster? Have Texans even used a FB?

oh yeah, TD Posey/Texans
While I agree the speed on the defense needs to be upgraded. This yrs draft should be about finding answers at QB/WR/OL. Keeping the defense off the field would be the best way to help the defense at this point. Of course getting Cushing back will help most of all.

Maybe you draft McCains replacement with the 4th rd pick or so. If an undersized LB with speed to the 5th rd or so take him etc....

The bottom line is that the offense is killing this team and has been virtually ignored (Ecxcluding D.Brown) for far to long. It's time to clean up the ofensive mess. Fortunately this draft is loaded with players that can be upgrades and they can add players in FA depeding on who they want to re-sign/let go. The Texans aren't going to win a SB next yr so atleast fix the offense in the 2013 draft. Then fix the defense in what should be an even deeper defensive draft in 2014. Unless a guy like Jarvis Jones falls to the Texans late in the 1st rd. (Spinal Stenosis/Unlikely)

It's time for BoB/Rick?Gary to step up and make the tough $$$$ calls/ Rick/Gary/Wade to work harder than they ever have to get the best talent possible. If they want to close the gap that currently exists between the Texans and true elite teams like the Pats.

The main difference between the 2 teams today was Brady is light yrs ahead of Schaub and the Pats are much faster on defense.

BTW, Like I said in an above post, your mock would help close the gap between these 2 teams. Great Mock
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote