View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013   #24
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan Re-Match with Patriot Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
From what I've seen of bray I think he's a second or thord round talent. When I watched some games I see an o line that was good and kept him clean and I see some really good receivers. He looks like schaub to me with a slightly better deep ball. Limited mobility, not apt of zip on the short and intermediate passes.

I'm just looking at physical attributes, how they sense pressure, how quickly they make reads and how they improvise. Decision making can be remedied with a good scheme... But as far as the things I'm looking at, bray didn't really fit. Not a terrible player...but not the eventual schaub replacement I'd be looking for.

And as far as Andre was goes, I trust his evaluations as much as I trust anyone elses besides what I see with my own eyes.

Andre ware was 100% sold that mark Sanchez would be a star qb in the NFL. I remember before that draft and into his rookie year he said several times that Sanchez was a big time player.

And I don't think Sanchez sucks at all, but he's far from the player ware said he'd be.
BTW, Bray had his team in the game against Georgia in the 4th qtr. Despite the Vols defense being so poor that there was pressure to score every time they had the ball. In the 4th qtr a Georgia DL knocked the ball out of his hand causing a fumble. Georgia scored and then because the Vols were behind 2 scores with 7 mins left in the game did Bray start taking chances and threw n int. Keep in mind he was facing a Georgia defense the will have probably 10 guys playing in the NFL including two 1st rders and atleast 6 2nd day picks.

And, his HC Dooley was probably one of worst HC's at a major college program that I've seen in along time. Dooley was clearly in over his head.

Slightly better deep ball than Schaub, LOL Not enough zip on the ball on short/intermediate balls? You need to look at that again. He does have some accuracy problems, but that can be corrected with better Coaching. Which he didn't receive at Tennesee/Dooley.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote