View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013   #64
Pats
Rookie

Rep Power: 3843 Pats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Tom Brady's first read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I just heard the best analysis of how to play Tom Brady that I've ever heard. I've been hearing a lot of stup1d analysis, like you can't play man coverage to beat him.

I'm listening to Seth Payne & Ted Johnson (??) on 610am right now & they just said the only thing that makes sense.
  1. We don't play zone; we're about to play the second best QB of our lifetime & we're supposed to all of a sudden be able to play zone coverages at the level that's going to be required to beat him? I don't think so.

San Francisco did it... but we're not San Francisco. We don't have their linemen, we don't have their LBs, we don't have their safeties... yeah, our guys have strengths theirs do not (maybe not at the ILB position) but we don't have what they have that allows them to play excellent zone coverage. We just don't

Wrong

SF played man - to - man in the first half and shut Brady down. It was not zone. SF changed to zone in the 2nd half and Brady was able to move the ball.

This Bleacher report article was written by people like yourself (so take it with a grain of salt) nevertheless, it is correct in the fact that SF was in MAN first half and ZONE second half.

Enjoy http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-49ers-defense
Pats is offline   Reply With Quote