View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Tom Brady's first read.

I just heard the best analysis of how to play Tom Brady that I've ever heard. I've been hearing a lot of stup1d analysis, like you can't play man coverage to beat him.

I'm listening to Seth Payne & Ted Johnson (??) on 610am right now & they just said the only thing that makes sense.
  1. We don't play zone; we're about to play the second best QB of our lifetime & we're supposed to all of a sudden be able to play zone coverages at the level that's going to be required to beat him? I don't think so.

San Francisco did it... but we're not San Francisco. We don't have their linemen, we don't have their LBs, we don't have their safeties... yeah, our guys have strengths theirs do not (maybe not at the ILB position) but we don't have what they have that allows them to play excellent zone coverage. We just don't
  2. Take away the first read
    This right here, is what did it for me. (This is the kind of analysis I expect from you emdiggy) but this is it in a nutshell. Brady did not have all day to dissect our secondary. He got the ball out in 2.2 seconds or something (unconfirmed). He was going to his first read, & his first read was open.

Now, open means different things for different QBs & different receivers. Same thing happened against Rogers. The QBs & the Receivers have an excellent rapport. They know each other, they know what they can do & can't do. If that DB is playing on top & to the inside, the WR knows their QB is going to put it on their back shoulder. If the DB is playing underneath & outside with a safety on top, that outside hook turns into an inside hook. More difficult to defend, but not impossible. Our DBs need to know this. Or our defenders in general.

If they're playing on top & inside, to defend the back shoulder, you have to force the receiver to the sideline. If he goes up, the first thing in your mind has to be to push him out of bounds. If you lost that battle & you're not close to the sideline, you have to get your hand between his elbows, grab something & yank like a motha.

If you're playing deep, facing the QB, get ready to drive on the ball.

Of course there is a lot of other stuff that goes with that.

** most important, is tendencies. They've got to know in certain situations, Welker is Brady's first read. Sometimes, it's Gronk, sometimes it's Lloyd... But our guys need to believe that guy in front of him is the first target & play accordingly. **