View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013   #209
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
How about opting for Danieal Manning & Jonathan Joseph instead of just Nnamdi?
In my opinion, that was a great step in the maturation of this organization. In the past, they would wait on the most sought after FA of a position, like a donkey chasing a carrot, till the bitter end. By the time they figured out that said FA has no intention of signing with us & are simply using us as a bargaining chip, the #2 & 3 Fa would be gone & we'd have to start the season with Kareem Jackson, Glover Quin, Bernard Pollard, & Eugene Wilson as our starting backfield.

This time, they spit the bit & turned positions of weakness into positions of strength with the swipe of a pen.

I also think it was important that we signed them, especially Joseph, without waiting on Nnamdi to "set the market". I think that said a lot to Jjo & he paid us back in spades.

I seriously had my doubts about Rick Smith prior to that offseason, & there are still a few left on my, "I really don't trust him" list. But there's no doubt in my mind he's sitting at the big boy table now.