View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 57901 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texan Re-Match with Patriot Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
From what I've seen of bray I think he's a second or thord round talent. When I watched some games I see an o line that was good and kept him clean and I see some really good receivers. He looks like schaub to me with a slightly better deep ball. Limited mobility, not apt of zip on the short and intermediate passes.

I'm just looking at physical attributes, how they sense pressure, how quickly they make reads and how they improvise. Decision making can be remedied with a good scheme... But as far as the things I'm looking at, bray didn't really fit. Not a terrible player...but not the eventual schaub replacement I'd be looking for.

And as far as Andre was goes, I trust his evaluations as much as I trust anyone elses besides what I see with my own eyes.

Andre ware was 100% sold that mark Sanchez would be a star qb in the NFL. I remember before that draft and into his rookie year he said several times that Sanchez was a big time player.

And I don't think Sanchez sucks at all, but he's far from the player ware said he'd be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I just watched the YouTube highlights from the Georgia game. didn't really see that "get out of the pocket when you need it" mentality, also do not like his release, looked terribly inconsistent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coon View Post
I like the draft minus Bray. I don't really see any guys this year except for Nassib/Dysert that I think could be better than Schaub, and they aren't sure things to do it either. Next year has the potential to be a much better Qb class, so i personally hope they wait.
Ware compares Bray to Brady. So it's not surprising to see later round grades on this young man since he has yet to evolve into the player some project.

Key thing to remember when talking Texans w/Kubes is the system he runs which requires a specific type of QB like a Schaub or Bray. Running play-action fake well with crisp execution is a must. Ability to survey the field, keep his eyes downfield & calmly go through progressions a must. Like Schaub he absorbs hits, takes punishment & displays toughness. Make no mistake about the fact Schaub is competitive nature & intelligent approach but Bray has plus tools in comparison. There is no doubt he had talent around him but the system Derek Dooley instituted after Kiffin never evolved into a strong cohesive & consistent program. Tennessee is a great College Football institution that has under-performed due to lack of leadership & coaching which must compete at the highest level (SEC) in order to be successful.

I remember watching Schuab play @ Virginia, tall skinny kid that had a penchant for throwing the ball vertically downfield. Pocket passer with limited mobility but could audible or check down when under pressure to avoid turnovers. When we had HWMNBN @ QB the search was on but this was pre-Kubes. Schaub was scooped up early in the 3rd rd. by Atlanta. Couple years later Rick Smith told Gary he had someone he needed to meet so they hooked up on the Golf Course & the rest is history. Now instead of a 3rd rd. pick it cost the Texans TWO early 2nd rd. picks plus swapping out #1's. 70 or 90 million dollars later (whatever Texans have paid to Schaub, not to mention HWMNBN) we have a window to project his future replacement for a mere late 1st, to me that makes it seem a whole lot better that it may appear first glance. Bray is a plus version of Schaub with a couple years mentoring he could be a whole lot better in Kubiaks system.

PS: Patriots have already addressed this issue by taking Ryan Mallet out of SEC rival Arkansas to develop behind Tom Brady.

Thanks for input, always appreciated

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote