View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013   #33
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peyton Manning will forever go down as the most unclutch QB in playoff history

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
35-3 against the Bills. 42-45 was the end score if I remember. We needed a TE. Don't get me started about the run and shoot. Moon's career was wasted in Houston with Glanville and Pardee.
Hence choke artist (not performing in the clutch or when needed most). Actually the score was 41-38. When things started falling apart Moon folded in that game. If he could have sustained one drive in that second half the Bills would not have had time to complete the comeback.

However as the defense started giving up points and the pressure started building Moon got erratic. Case in point .. when the Oilers got the ball first in OT were you confident that Moon was going to take charge and lead the Oilers to the winning FG? I doubt you were and neither was I .. and for good reason as he threw a pick that finished off his team.

Moon faired no better outside of the run and shoot. A good friend of mine was a Vikings fan and he continued to throw picks in big games at the worst times for them also. I remember watching a Vikings game (might have been a playoff game) with him and saying something like "this is the situation where he throws a pick" and sure enough he threw one that very play to the dismay of my buddy.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote