View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013   #191
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Matt Schaub clutch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkimble View Post
Are you kidding me?!?! Mat Schaub is not a big time QB and he's not a clutch player either. Come man! I love the Texan but they have 3 major issues: Number 1: Matt Schaub
number 2: Other than Kus their linebackers are not good.
3. Gary K and Rick S and not good talent evaluators. Look and the talents we let go for nothing.

The better an organization is at talent evaluation, the more talent it will release to the NFL. It is a good sign that the Texans have more quality player than they can protect.

Regarding Schaub, I'm not sure where this myth developed that he's not clutch. Let's not rip a guy who has never lost a playoff game, has won 20 of his last 27 games, and has orchestrated a number of 4th quarter comebacks as being a "choker". Peyton, for instance, gave away the game yesterday as his playoff record fell to 9 wins and 11 losses. It's not easy to win in the playoffs. Other than Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Terry Bradshaw, and Bart Starr, every quarterback in the history of the NFL has compiled a record that could be considered "unclutch".