View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Peyton Manning will forever go down as the most unclutch QB in playoff history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Yeah, thats more of the competitive nature of the guy though and arguably his strongest attribute as a leader and a qb...forcing everybody to raise their game.....MJ was the same way...i have a hard time faulting him for being that way. I fault the coaches more for letting him be that way and taking over their offense. I mean for christs sakes he took jim caldwell to a SB..
I don't think Dungey's point was that Peyton is more competitive than coaches or other players, it was he is oblivious to other peoples' ability to absorb information and he gets frustrated easily. He gave the example of Manning walking in on a Friday or Saturday with 20 new plays he wanted to put in for the game on Sunday and Dungy would have to tell him we can look at these for later but we can't get the team up to speed on all this in a day. But that was on the potential to be a coach. I agree coaches have let him get out of control.