View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013   #8
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Browns hire Rob Chudzinski as HC, eye Norv Turner for OC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Again, not everyone is Aaron Rogers, just because you draft a guy & "develop" him doesn't mean he's a franchise player. If they do pick that guy, they have to "feel" he could be, that's all I'm saying.

Even though it's a new organization, the last one gambled too many times on QBs they drafted & they are no better for it.
What? Where did I say I want Aaron Rodgers? I don't like the few guys you named because we already know enough about them to know they will not be franchise QBs any time soon. Drafting a prospect at least gives the chance of developing a guy into a franchise QB, which is better than the zero chance you get with Campbell, Kolb or Yates. Bray, Wilson, Nassib, whoever in the draft could fit the new system, and they can pick whoever they think is the best. They have an early enough pick to do so, but I would like them to trade back a bit and at least pick up a 2nd round pick or more. QB obviously isn't the only need, but it's the most difficult to fill.

I'd say the other team needs in no particular order are QB, pass rushing DE x2 (assuming they stay in a 4-3, otherwise this becomes OLB in 3-4), OLB regardless of scheme, LG, TE, S, #2 CB, 3rd down RB, and depth everywhere, especially at LB. You can't fill all these needs with 6 draft picks, but 40 million bucks in free agency could help a lot. It will be interesting to see what they do, because they will be forced to spend a lot of money in free agency.