View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013   #114
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Fim Room: Why The Patriots Should Be So Very, Very Afraid Of The Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfanken View Post
But unfortunately it pretty much was the case. By going completely against all his previous game, Ryan brilliantly created a game plan that both surprise and confused Brady. While he had plenty of time to pass, Brady was constantly looking through his progressions and not finding people open. Remember Brady unlike say a Joe Flacco, is not used to throwing to receivers in tight coverage, (though he can). He's used to seeing his receivers OPEN. When he didn't he got rattled and impatient. He missed open RB's. The Jets played in nickel and dime coverages most of the game inviting the Pats to run the ball.....and they didn't.

While I think something similar would be the best way for the Texans to attack the Pats, It wouldn't work as well as it did in 2010. First Brady has seen it (the Pats haven't scored less than 29 points against the Jets since), and they have a much better running attack now (Danny Woodhead was the Pats leading rusher in that game in 2010)
I rewatched the Jets games 3 times recently. I saw it differently; Brady was never rattled. The run game wasn't the problem either. They ran the ball better than the Jets.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote