View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013   #50
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 298525 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Eli Manning vs Matt Schaub

I'd take Eli Manning a hundred times over Schaub, because he's done what Schaub hasn't. Stepped up big time in big games.

Sure, he's laid some stinkers..... if the above statement were true, he'd have his team in the play-offs right now, but he don't. But it's a fact that Manning has stepped up when his team needed him more times than Matt.

The biggest reason, may be because Eli's team has been in more of those big games. Schaub has been in what? Two? I may be mistaken, but I don't think he stepped up in them.

I think we're about to find out who Matt is.

I never really cared for Eli... brother of the GOAT, never live up to those expectations. But I saw one game where he was down in the 4th qtr, he was sacked 6 times. But he still brought his team back for the win.

Then when he won two Super Bowl MVPs.... not because he's as precise or efficient as Peyton, not because he's as calm & poised under pressure as Brady, but because he's got an iron jaw & kept fighting. He took a beating but managed to win the fight.

If we win the Super Bowl, because Schaub looked like Trent Dilfer, I think it will be accurately reflected across the nation, not so much in Houston. If he wins the Super Bowl looking like Eli Manning (he's not going to look like Brady), same thing.