View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013   #108
GRONKED
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 GRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respectedGRONKED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Film Room: Why The Patriots Should Be So Very, Very Afraid Of The Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
I disagree that the Texans have to play above their level and Patriots blow their level.
I think if both teams play as well as they can then Houston wins.

We are mistakenly thinking this is a great NE team because of what they did to the Texans. Then you look at the Rams game and the Colts game, and half of their point differential came off of those three games.

Go look at some of the boxscores over the second half of the season.

Jaguars outgained them by 100 yards of offense.
Bills outgained them by 140 yards.

Patriots got very luck to go 7-1 over the second half of the season. They didn't steamroll everyone. They got steamrolled by the Niners, and by all rights, probably should have been beaten by the Jaguars and Bills.

The first game, the Patriots got all the bounces. You can't expect all of those plays to play out the same way. It's a different game. It's not a DVR where we just replay the first game. Kareem falls on that fumble. Schaub doesn't throw a pick when Foster was wide open short....Just those two plays break the Texans way and Houston probably wins the game.
Lollll what are you smoking?

Steamrolled by niners? Idk, when i think steamrolled im thinkin more along the lines of what pats and packers did to you. Not a down to the wire 3 pt loss in which everything that could go wrong did.
Analyzing yards? I think how your team performs in crunch time, in must win games is more relevant.

@ pats. Yikes. Home vs colts...ugly but youll take it. Home vs vikes...uh oh. @ colts...

Texans can win, but they definitely "shouldnt". Itll take your best game of the season, and, going in at least, its been awhile since weve seen that form.
GRONKED is offline   Reply With Quote