View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013   #46
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 413804 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Eli Manning vs Matt Schaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textan View Post
Texans would be unstoppable with an elite QB.
Look back 20 some odd years at the SB winners and very few didn't have elite QB's.
It's the only link now missing from this Texans team.
Not disagreeing so much with your overall point but I guess it depends on what you are calling elite - maybe it would better be expressed as top 10 QB. When we have had numerous discussions of elite around here I think there are 4 consensus picks - Brady, Manning, Brees and Rodgers.

There are a lot of guys in that 20 years who with a similar examination were considered non-elite when they won the SB. For instance in recent years Eli and Big Ben have 4 rings. I loved Aikman but he wasn't generally considered elite at the time - more really freaking efficient and accurate. Elway was certainly overall an elite QB but was well past his prime when he got his two. Know how many TD's he threw in them combined? - 1 (which by the way is the same number Big Ben threw in his 2). There is some chicken and egg here as well - folks start talking about you as elite because you win the SB.