View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013   #51
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How to "slow down" the Pats offense and win this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsfan13 View Post
The Chung TO didn't help but Rex came up with a very good gameplan (BB said he was out coached that game) using 7-8 DB and the Pats were unable to exploit that 'gimmick' by running the ball.

They drafted Ridley and Vareen 4 months later to prevent other teams from doing this successfully.

I will be interested to see what Phillips comes up with.

His D's have had trouble with the Pats (thinking his time at Dallas and Buffalo), Brady matches well against the D he likes to run. If I were a Texan fan I want to see how he adapts to slow down the Pats.

Gronk was not effective in the Dolphins game he seemed to be favoring and trying to protect his arm, keep an eye on this.

I also think that Joseph was just coming off an injury and expect he will be tougher in this game.

B Reed's being in this game will also help the Texans out, but I understand that a couple of players from the first game are now out.

How do you guys feel about the health of the team?

For the Pats this is the healthiest they have been in the Playoffs for a couple of years, it doesn't look like the weather will be a factor.
BJG averaged 4.4 YPC that year, the same as Ridley this year;Woodhead was at 5.3 YPC.

There was no problem with the Pats run game back then; and it wasn't the run game that held the Pats back on that day.

It was Brady's uncharacteristic errors and the drop by Alger in the end zone that hurt the Pats more than anything.

I'm hoping some of that happen again tomorrow. I'll take any luck we can get.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote