View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013   #57
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94457 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is it on Schaub and not the D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Schaub didn't play how many reg season games last year???

Wasn't he basically out the month of December during last season?

Is it possible that him not playing roughly the final 1/4th of the reg season in 2011 has made him somewhat shaky the final 1/4th of THIS season?

The way he reacted to the playoff win, too, it looked like 2,000 lbs. had been lifted off his shoulders.

I think the guy is either going to be that guy we saw when he out-slugged the Packers in Lambeau on a day when no Houston pro football team had any business playing on a the Frozen Tundra in Lambeau, or he's going to be that guy who cratered under the pressure in week 14 vs. the Patriots this season.

There will be no middle ground. Either he sucked it up just long enough, vs. the Bengals, to get that elusive playoff win (and so he figures he's good to go no matter what outcome happens)...or, he takes it to another level and totally blows every single person's mind.

Because right now, not a single person in the sports media believes that the best QB playing in Foxboro Sunday is Matt Schaub. The deck is stacked against him. And either he gets that **** flipped on its head and shoves a big middle finger into the face of the sports world...like Joe Namath did, or he doesn't.

In fact, I have never seen Namath play on TV. But I did watch a great NFL Films documentary on him about a week ago. Schaub just might be a QB who is a lot like Namath. Neither guy is really known for being mobile. Both guys are accurate and sort of lumbering around out there, and most people think Schaub can't beat Brady just like people thought Namath couldn't beat Unitas.

Strange things happen.

But I still think the Patriots win. And it won't matter if it's a blowout or a squeaker. A win is a win, and the Patriots have been doing this for over a decade now.
Earl Morrall started Super Bowl III (and every other game for the Colts that season).