View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013   #53
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why is it on Schaub and not the D?

Already been discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
I see alot of people pointing fingers at Kubiak and the offense and rightfully so. But what about Philllips? Seems like everyone is making excuses for him. "Oh he has so little work with because of injuries" and "he has got this team to over achieve". BFD! All defenses go through that at some opint in a season. Thats where a great coordinator steps up shows why he is great.

Maybe it's just me but it sure seems like he's gone extra vanilla on his blitz packages. I'm not a big X's and O's guy but I can't remember the last time saw Phillips send one of our OLB's on loop around stunt to the inside. What happened to moving the weak side LB all over the place to put him in position to take advantage of miss matches and take advantage of his rush abilities. All he's done the second half of this year IMO is use the OLB's as edge setters or speed rushers around the outside on obvious passing plays. Where is the creativity we were promised?

I'm sorry but this defense has to get pressure on the QB to be successful. Phillips need to dial it up a notch or we are going to end up wasting this season no matter what the offense does.