View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013   #49
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57330 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans 9 1/2 Point Dogs Against Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats View Post
The spread is set to attract bettors to the Texans side of the wager.

Everyone is jumping on NE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWin View Post
Patriots either KILL us by 3+ scores, or we win by less than a touchdown. I'd bet the shi* out of this if I were a gambling man...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
It looks like it has stayed around -9.5 across the board after a -10 open. 69% of the money is on the pats and giving the points but the money line is now 51/49 pats which over the last few days has move considerably from about 80/20 pats. Thats not as positive as the line moving but still people leaning for a texans win. also 79% of the money is on the over

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
The line hasn't moved but money has the money line bet has flipped 51/49 texans and side bets have moved to 65/35 pats. If this keeps up the line should start coming down

Man you guys lose a lot of money betting or you don't bet at all. -9.5 is a favorite mild lean, -10 and above is a dog lean, just how sports betting works. You make much better money by not betting a loser, than you do betting a winner, fyi. Stay away if you're not too bright. The over is the only quality bet here, and by a small percentage. If you're betting on the Texans to cover, wait. The line will move a little more, possibly up to -10.5. If you're betting NE jump now.

Stats percentage says Texans cover. I'm not convinced. If you could tease Texans over and Ravens +9 it might be an okay bet, but I'm still staying away from this game.