View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013   #39
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How to "slow down" the Pats offense and win this game

Matt needs to play the game of his life meaning he makes the proper decisions and play within himself. I am very concerned his thought process/decision making skills might be short circuited due to this being such a big game. If he starts thinking he needs to carry the team and do things that don't suit his skills like trying to force a ball into a tight spot vs seeing the complete field and making the pass to a wide open person then we will have a repeat of last year's Raven game only a lot worse.

Kubiak says it is his job to put Matt in the proper situation to succeed and that is completely true, but Matt's job will be to make the correct decision when put in that situation.

Kubiak and Matt both need to have a great game.

On D I think I want to see more Mercilus than Barwin. I think M has a better chance of providing a big play than Barwin. Barwin gets engaged and from that point on does nothing or rushes wide right out of the play. Now I did not watch him last game? Did he do a better job of freeing himself?

I think it could be a close game if the Texans prevent the big play, play smart, and don't turn the ball over.

If they come out flat again then I am not sure what to say...
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote