View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013   #8
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: HELP- Question About Jersey/Autograph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I don't mean to be crass, but I think you all vastly over estimate the value of your items.

Your home owner's probably does cover the theft/destruction of the jerseys but your deductible is probably 1-2% of the value of your home.

These jerseys have a market value of maybe $200-300 tops?

I promise you have a ton of stuff in your home worth way more than the jerseys. Sports memorabilia is a niche market and has a very narrow view of what is valuable. I wouldnít even spend the money for a COA. I donít know what they charge but it probably wonít increase the value of your item enough to cover the authentication cost.

As far as framing, you can get a special custom frame jersey with special glass and special matting and pay well over $1,000, but that just doesnít make sense for a $200 jersey. I would wait until Hobby Lobby has a 50% frame sale. Just donít hang it in direct sunlight and youíll be fine.

There was a guy at the last Tri Star that makes cheap Ďcustomí (every Texans one was the same, every Colts one was the same, etc.) frames that were pretty cool. If anyone wants his info PM me and Iíll look for his business card. I think he works out of his house, so probably a little more leeway to work with than a retail store.

*edit*
I.E. intrensic value to you >>>>>>>> cash value on the retail market
I understand. I also agree with the framing and since my items are for personal use (admiration) I purchase my frames at Michaels and cases at Hibbits. The reason I asked about insurance is because my collection is growing and even at $200 per, I've already exceeded my deductable.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote