View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013   #92
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sunday's game is nothing but a formality

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomVariable View Post
Let me first start by acknowledging that the 42-14 Patriots win a few weeks ago is mostly irrelevant now. Having said that, it was quite telling. That we were able to destroy you guys while playing a mediocre (AT BEST) game speaks volumes.
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomVariable
With the exception of that fabulous 63 yard pass to Donate Stallworth, it was one of Brady's weaker performances of the season. There were several missed passes (to Lloyd) that would have resulted in 6.
So Brady not having a 400 yard passing game had NOTHING to do with the defense he faced...he simply got up on the wrong side of the bed. Interesting logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBS
We fumbled the ball a couple of times (not surprisingly, the Texans failed to recover) and our defense had some gaping holes. In short, we were not at our best. Add to that the fact that Gronkowski wasn't in our lineup, and the blowout becomes even more comical. Expect a much better effort from the Pats with something actually on the line.
So...everytime a ball has ever been fumbled in NFL history by an offense...the defense managed to recover...with the exception of THAT game? Fascinating. Wow...watching game film of one guy and preparing for that guy...then facing someone else wouldn't have anything to do with a problem in execution. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Pontification
Gronkowski will prove to be a matchup nightmare for you guys. He is 6'6 265 lbs of pure strength. He is a superb blocker, and easily the best receiving TE in the league.
Let me preface what I'm about to say with somethign than can be affirmed by EVERY person on this board who KNOWS me. I LOATHE the Dallas Cowboys with a seething passion that shall burn like an ember long after my bones have decomposed beneath a blankets of God's sweet earth, But the BEST Tight End playing Football TODAY is Jason Garrett. Deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Verbage
Additionally, I see the Texans doing their usual routine and trying to attack us with Foster. Guys like Wilfork, Jones, Ninkovich, Spikes, have been amazing against the run this year. Going with the run as opposed to attacking our CB will be their downfall.
Amazing you can see that...in your in depth Monday Morning QB analysis...and many of the NFL's best Defensive Coordinators can not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomness
People will bring up the Jets game in 2010. There is no comparison. The Jets were far more familiar with us. The Jets played with a kind of tenacity I've never seen from the Texans. Our running attack is more balanced (we lead the league in rushing TDs) and takes pressure off of Brady, our secondary and defense in general is significantly improved, and the addition of Lloyd has at times provided a legitimate outside threat which we really lacked in 2010.
Funny...many thought the Jets got LUCKY and the Pats were simply cocky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random verbal feces
Your team is simply not built to win shootouts, which is what it will take to beat us in Foxborough.

I won't even feel the need to brag about our inevitable win. I expect another one-sided affair. Beating you guys just won't be that big of an accomplishment.

Basically...you're saying the Pats are going to win...and how. Last time I saw a guy look another guy in the eye and say: "See my right foot? It's going to kick you in the right side of your face...and there isn't one thing you can do about it." was in the movie "Billy Jack". How about this bruh. Let my team show up to Foxborough and let them play your team without the referees making mysterious pass interference calls or calling holding when it doesn't occur. Let the smoke clear and let the winner advance to the AFC Championship game.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote