View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013   #132
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
You do not say why. And I'm not asking for them to be targets of derision, just that they be made available to explain confusing/contraversial calls and explain rule interpretations. The press doesn't (in most cases) deride players and coaches during post-game pressers. They do, however, ask "how come?" questions. I would expect this interview process to be conducted in the same professional manner with the same respect they give players and coaches.

What's wrong with that?

Why not? Because the refs answer to the nfl and if I was running it I would keep it that way. Getting Refs in front of the camera trying to explain things only in my mind makes things worse. It would setup the refs to potentially fup in terms of how they handle public scruitiny. What value does it add to the NFL? I dont see any and if there is any there I dont see it being enough to offset potential issues/risk
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote