View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013   #78
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sunday's game is nothing but a formality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I hear ya. But like I said, we're more than a speed bump. We're learning the recipe & if we beat New England, I like our chances against Manning & the Ravens.

Our record against elite teams leaves a lot lacking. As far as losing to Minnesota & Indy.... it's not like you didn't know we weren't playing very well.

But I think we've been playing better & better ever since. We played better against Minnesota than we did against New England (that's the game we got Newton back, I think), Second Indy game, we played better than we did against Minnesota (didn't win, but played better, played Houston Texans football).

Against Cincinnati, we looked really good on both offense & defense. We didn't score TDs, I get it. But the improvement from the week before was night & day. I have no doubt in my mind, that our guys aren't just sitting around hoping they play better.

Defensively, I wasn't expecting it, but the guys in the secondary really stepped up their game. 6 passes defensed. Maybe not a record or anything, but I can't remember the last time the Texans got 6 passes defensed in one game.

& Jjo looked good. I mean he looked like the guy that turned it around for us last year, before Watt was Watt. Now he's got Mega Watt playing in front of him....... oooooooo weeeeee I'm excited.

I'm really optimistic about this game coming up (if you can't tell). You may not be, but that's ok. But I feel, what you're looking for, you're about to see.
Compare the Texans with Seattle who played GB , NE , SF , SF , and the Vikings . They were 4-1 with a rookie QB playing like the Texans want to .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote