View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How to "slow down" the Pats offense and win this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
If I had a different read on Schaub's confidence, I'd agree with you. But this game, really does lie in his confidence.

I understand your research leads you to believe Schaub has not dropped off in anyway whatsoever, I'm just not believing it & no amount of numbers is going to change my mind.

He didn't look comfortable to me. He didn't look to have adjusted to the excellent protection he was getting last week. & though he made some throws that kept us on the field, I think he was only a small factor in that victory.

I've still got faith that he can snap out of his funk, but if we don't see it early, I don't think we'll see it during the game.
As long as you don't expect him to be perfect, he will be fine.

Don't forget that the Bengals had the 6th ranked defense in yardage and 8th in scoring.

Not only that, they might be the number one defense in the second half of the season.
They allowed just 13.75 points per game in the last 8 games.

They had a better secondary than the Pats.
Neither Jason Allen nor Taylor Mays can find any or much playing time.

When they put Nate in there, they are still good to go with all the experience back there and everywhere, really.

O.D. dropped a sure catch on third down that would have extended the second drive.
There were also a couple of PIs, one on either side (Burfict and Posey) that otherwise would have made Schaub's numbers even better than 29-38 and 262 yards.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote