View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013   #65
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sunday's game is nothing but a formality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
You know.... I understand with success, you should expect more.

But some of this is silly. Some of the way we move the target I mean.

In 2009, we didn't make the play-offs, because we didn't win the game week 1 (or any of our other losses along the way), but we beat these Patriots week 17 to keep our play-off hopes alive.

In 2012, we get off to a league high 11-1 record assuring a play-off spot with 5 weeks left in the season.... Twice, we've won in the Wild Card round...

But you (a fan of this team) think they are mere speed bumps because they haven't proven otherwise in a "big game"

Whatever. Why aren't you the President of the United States yet? Why aren't you a billionaire? Maybe we should put that speed bump on your front door.
I never tried or wanted to be President that's why . I never tried to be a billionaire . I am the lead guy in what I do at a national company .

In sports I was always on winning teams from Little League until I stopped in 1998 . The one thing I know for sure is it's not what you do vs the bad teams in meaningless games that count . It's what you do vs the best teams in big games that define you .

The Texans used to surge after they were all but eliminated from the playoffs to finish 8-8 . Now they get into the drivers seat and spit the bit . Why ... they don't have the guy pulling the trigger who has big play ability and they don't have the person leading the group who can get it done . Until proven otherwise our Texans are the not ready for primetime players or speed bumps for the contenders .