View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013   #112
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
There's no logical problem with the two statements I made.

Yardage CAN be deceiving. Do you understand the difference between "CAN" and "ALWAYS IS"? I gave an instance where a big total yard number is deceiving (when a QB is having to throw to come back) and a case where it ISN'T deceiving (when a QB habitually throws less than 200 yards.) These are two different situations and scenarios.

You want to have a QB who CAN throw for a lot of yards if he has to. Flacco's not a guy you want to have to depend on to throw for yardage or for completion percentage. He's the kind of QB whose team has to prop him up. Not unlike Roethlisberger in his first SB.

The Steelers won that SB with Roethlisberger DESPITE Roethlisberger. He sucked in that game. Just like Flacco has sucked in most of his playoff appearances.
If I take out Joe's 1st game in the playoffs for the simple fact the game plan was protecting him (his 17th game as a rookie) and his 1st game the next year where he only had to throw 10 passes vs a NE in a beatdown (Ray Rice goes 83 yds on the 1st play from scrimmage for a TD), then Joe averages 205 yds a game.

In those 1st couple of years, Joe didn't have a guy like AJ he could throw to either- Derrick Mason et al do not send fear into a secondary.

But again, all the numbers can be manipulated for benefit of each point of view.
But again
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote