Re: How to "slow down" the Pats offense and win this game
1. Our O-line has to control the LOS thus allowing us to have an effective running game to control the clock and keep Brady on his sideline. Foster will also have the opportunity to bust a few big plays. These extended drives will eat up the clock and must end with a TD in over half the possessions.
2. Our D-line must be able to pressure Brady up the middle without blitzes and knock Brady around even if we don't get the sack, and we have to do this early in the game. Brady doesn't like pressure in his face or getting knocked around, it rattles him. Everyone else must drop into coverage and jam his receivers at the LOS.
3. We have to play mistake free, no false start penalties, no holding penalties, no pass interference penalties, no offsides penalties. We must play disciplined and smart. No dropped passes or missed blocks, every down is critical because it may be your last. No mistakes by Kubiak on clock management or challenges.
4. Special teams have to play well, don't give up a TD, and win the field position battle.
5. We must start out playing hot and get on top of NE early, we can't try to play catch up with them, Brady is to good for that.