View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013   #110
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217648 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Steelers didn't need Ben to throw for 300 yds in the first SB- they had a running game and a defense.

So why did you write this=> "Looking at the yardage a QB puts up can be deceiving." then write this ' Any QB who's throwing for less than 200 yards isn't contributing to the team. '

Make up your mind.

You think Flacco sucks- whoopee. I just proved where you intial theory was incorrect. But its ok. Schaub will take you to the promised land.
There's no logical problem with the two statements I made.

Yardage CAN be deceiving. Do you understand the difference between "CAN" and "ALWAYS IS"? I gave an instance where a big total yard number is deceiving (when a QB is having to throw to come back) and a case where it ISN'T deceiving (when a QB habitually throws less than 200 yards.) These are two different situations and scenarios.

You want to have a QB who CAN throw for a lot of yards if he has to. Flacco's not a guy you want to have to depend on to throw for yardage or for completion percentage. He's the kind of QB whose team has to prop him up. Not unlike Roethlisberger in his first SB.

The Steelers won that SB with Roethlisberger DESPITE Roethlisberger. He sucked in that game. Just like Flacco has sucked in most of his playoff appearances.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote