View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013   #114
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
And, yet, how many quarterbacks have thrown for less than 200 yards in the SB in the past 10 years? 2. Roethlisberger in a win where he played like dogcrap and Rex Grossman in a loss where he played like dogcrap.

Looking at the yardage a QB puts up can be deceiving. Losing QBs frequently have to throw more than winning QBs.

But I wasn't saying you have to throw for over 300 or 400 yards. I was putting a LOWER bound. And throwing for less than 200 yards on a consistent basis is an indication of a bad QB any way you slice it. Any QB who's throwing for less than 200 yards isn't contributing to the team.

But, btw, in games where he's thrown for over 400 yards, Matt Schaub is 3-1. What's Flacco's record in games where he's thrown for over 400 yards? Oh, that's right, 0-0.

So... what you're saying is that having a good quarterback doesn't matter as long as he doesn't make too many mistakes. Which, I guess, that's true when your QB sucks like Flacco has over the course of his career.

And, yeah, Schaub made a bad throw. But at least in his first playoff game, he completed over 75% of his passes. How many times has Flacco done that in the playoffs? Oh, yeah, never.
Steelers didn't need Ben to throw for 300 yds in the first SB- they had a running game and a defense.

So why did you write this=> "Looking at the yardage a QB puts up can be deceiving." then write this ' Any QB who's throwing for less than 200 yards isn't contributing to the team. '

Make up your mind.

You think Flacco sucks- whoopee. I just proved where you intial theory was incorrect. But its ok. Schaub will take you to the promised land.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote