View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013   #100
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
200 yds is the benchmark? Really?

Who has more wins? He's 6-4. Blah blah blah about the defense and running game....Schaub had that in NE earlier this year and look what happened.

Last year Playoffs in NE- Flacco was 22-36 61.1% for 306 2TD 1INT
This year Reg Sea n NE- Schaub was 19-32 59% for 232 0TD 1INT

And go back and look at the defenses that Flacco has played against in the playoffs.
If you consistently throw for less than 200 yards per game, you suck as a QB. Flacco has played in 10 playoff games. He's thrown for over 200 yards in 3 of them. He averages 180 yards per playoff game.

Just pulling a name out of the air... Chad Pennington. He was an OK QB in his day and his day wasn't too long ago. He averaged just over 230 yards per game in the playoffs. He was not a great QB.

Like I said earlier in the thread, Flacco has all the tools to be a great QB except for the stuff between his ears and the stuff in his heart. If you hit him a couple of times, he starts getting inaccurate and he starts making bad decisions. Flacco is like Sanchez with an arm.

Going into the playoffs if I had to choose between Schaub and Flacco, I'd take Schaub. Schaub's going to complete a higher percentage of passes and he's going to make better reads.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote