View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013   #7
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 89506 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How to "slow down" the Pats offense and win this game

No turnovers
no big plays
no special teams td's
no defensive td's

Get:

Turnovers
Big plays
special teams td's
defensive td's

Playing field position shouldn't happen till the 4th quarter. Anything past the 50 yard line is 4 down territory.Understand that on 3rd down. Zero penalties. Let them stall their own drives by being the more disciplined team. USE CASEY as a receiver out of the back field. Daniels better have a good game as well. Defensively we play conservative on the 1st drive or 2nd and let them show their hand. They can take 3-4 yard gains...on the first couple of drives. I dont wanna get down early. 3rd-4th defensive drives should be kill brady with a lotto bounty.. and I don't care what the score is on those drives. Hurt brady and make them run. Dont be scared to mix zone and man coverage, and stop calling the same damn coverage all game long. Dont show your blitz till the ball is snapped.

On offense i want a tempo between hury up and standard. Thats when we play best. Get schaub in the game early on rhythm with say 6-8 quick short completions. Use the pass to set up the run. Take a shot deep if it's there with Aj. He needs to be in this game. Gimme some misdirection early and alter the snap count. Their game plan is going to be like ours...rattle the qb.