View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013   #38
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sunday's game is nothing but a formality

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomVariable View Post
I would also like to add that the ONLY team I am afraid of right now is Baltimore. They are the only team I see possibly beating us. Hopefully the Broncos take care of business in Denver.
You mean the Baltimore that should have beat us last year if not for a lousy kick and dropped pass?

I disagree with you, bud. I am not afraid of any team. However, any of the eight remaining has the tools and the talent to beat NE. There are no layups left, if the Pats win this weekend, they'll have earned it. If they advance beyond that, they'll have earned that as well. It would not surprise me if JJ Watt channeled his inner LT and dominated Sunday. Nor would it surprise me if the Pats smoked 'em again, although I don't think they will. I expect a tougher game, but I am confident in the team to pull out a W.

Beyond that, Peyton Manning likely looms for the AFC championship. that's a mighty big mountain to climb, no pun intended. Then they'll either have to beat a great QB (Rogers), a talented group of receivers (Atlanta), a hard hitting D that already beat 'em (SF), or a pumped and jacked attacking D with a strong running game (Seattle).

No layups left.