View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013   #94
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "You take the 3 points and move on"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
Totally agree. I think Kubes feels that with the play action working and the overall offensive design that any WR good enough to be at this level can get open...and sometimes they can....but because he feels that way, he also doesn't want to invest the draft pick or money it takes to get one.

My point was simply that I've lost confidence in our signal caller to execute those plays, and my guess is so has Kubes...and if we do get a guy that can consistently burn defenses and get separation, how many more under-throws will be made? I mean can you get any more open at this level than James Casey? If that is Brady, that's a TD. With Schaub, it's a pick. So what if you can get open if the signal caller can't get it there with any consistency?

I'm not sure why he seems to be regressing? He's like a movie - The curious Case of Matt Schaub, who started the season as a grizzled vet and slowly becomes a rookie...because that is how he is playing.

Anyone got any theories? I'm wondering about the health and pain in that foot myself.
perhaps he has hit his plateau. Perhaps both of them have. Schaub can't move, doesn't have a big arm, not real accurate deep, but has the playbook mastered and is good when everything stacks up right. Kubiak knows the system he was taught, but doesn't seem creative enough to step out of it. It's not a dumb and dumber thing...I'm just kinda thinking that we have Richie Kotite coaching the washed up, end-of-his-career Boomer Esiason for the 95 Jets thing going on with our offense. Boomer was a better QB than Schaub ever was, but not when he was with the Jets.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote