View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013   #86
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 28030 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Fim Room: Why The Patriots Should Be So Very, Very Afraid Of The Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I heard an interesting stat about Tom Brady on the radio this morning.

When he's pressured by a blitz and only has up to 3 seconds to pass, he's something around 70% completion.

But, when he's given longer to pass - i.e. a cover 2 defense - his completions drop to around 40%.

I think Wade's aggressive style is something that plays into one of Brady's strengths. Do you think there is any chance that Wade dials it back and tries to force the Patriots to run more?
There is a misconception in the NFL world that if you pressure Brady he will fold and lose his game. This is only true if those pressure comes from a four man rush.

I'm shocked that folks here think this is news. Didn't we learned that from playing GB? I remember an hour leading to the mnf espn and nfl networks had analysts advising Texans to limit their blitz against Brady base on their own studies of NE.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote