View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013   #5
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NIH Confirms Junior Seau Died With CTE

CTE has to be absolutely frightening for guys playing right now. I mean, Garret Graham just had two concussions in a month. Not sure if that will have any long term effects, but he has to be wondering about it. I'm guessing CTE is in the back of most players minds now, but when you've had multiple concussions I think players would probably start thinking about it more.

I wonder what long term effects this has for football? The most visible ones are rule changes, but that can only keep players safe to a point. Will young kids now switch to another sport because their parents are afraid of the potential consequences? I'd be interested to see how coaches in Pee-Wee leagues all the way up to high school are coaching football now. Do they coach their players to avoid tackling head first at all costs?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote