View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #77
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56437 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter's Current Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Disagree. That's some solid talent. ILB is a bigger need than some of you guys realize. Other than Cushing the rest of our ILBs are garbage. Factor in the relentless way that Cushing plays and we need depth there in a bad way. This defense would be SO MUCH BETTER if the middle was fixed. Right now we get virtually no pressure up the middle from our ILBs or DT. this is why our OLBs sacks are down.

And as far as the OL goes, it's a difficult system to jump in and be effective right away. Remember how many people here were calling for Meyers head when he first arrived? Smith wasn't a world beater either at first. Not to mention this teams philosophy and history on drafting OL suggest we won't be drafting one early. If we do do you really think he would come in and start right away? Look where we are drafting.

ILB is a need. So is DT and the secondary. You take the best available that fill needs and you can't really go wrong.
Have youwatched the offense the last month and a half? While I agree the defense could use upgrades, the defense is atleast serviceable if not better. They didn't give up a TD against the bengals in a playoff game. I think they probably will get torched a bit by Brady because that is what Brady does. The Texans need to score more TD's. This is why I would like to see them go all offense in rds 1-5. Good news is WR/OL are deep positions in this yrs draft.

Rd.1 Hunter, Williams or Patterson will fall to 28/32.
Rd.2 Bray, Best arm in draft. 32 TD's -15 ints
Rd. 3 Kyle Long, Has athletic skill and temperment to be a massive upgrade on the OL. If I had to trade up to get him I would.

Then turn to defense with the supp picks. I rank S as the biggest need due to the fact that the defense plays 60% nickle and Demps is the nickle defenses biggest weakness. IMHO There should be a really good S like Rambo or Duke Williams there with the supp 3rd rd pick.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote