View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #41
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: ESPN First Take on Texans vs Patriots, Dan Shaughnessy Article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
its not that hard to talk abouut sports. but considering stephen a smith gets paid a couple of mill to talk sports, id say he is doing very well for a guy out of his "element."

I dont care how much you people want to trivialize First Take and claim how much you hate and how much skip and sas suck, they make for great entertaining discussion and they get paid handsomely to do it for a reason and why you dont.
Some folks are into that drama-fest type "reporting". If you're into yelling and screaming between Skip & Stephen A., more power to you.
I am not.
And I gave Stephen A. his props regarding his NBA reporting, when it comes to that, he's among the best. And I like his insights from the African American perspective. He doesn't shy away from those kinds of issues. Oh and the only up-to-date info I could find on his salary sets it at $400K/yr. Definitely not too shabby but not "a couple of mil..." that you threw out. But since he's not tossing any cash my way, it matters not to me what he makes.

Anyway, my point was when I want football analysis I tend to listen to the guys that played and coached in the league. They speak from experience, not speculation.

Oh and, by the way, thanks for the link, I enjoyed Mangini's take on the situation.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote