View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #248
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Yeah, you can look at it that way.

But I'm sure it's situational, and it's not like he was just trying to get the ball out of his hands. He said he was aware of their pass rush. If his first read was open, he took it. The other routes just didn't develop.

Totally different from hurrying a throw.

Brady does it better, but it's the same thing Brady is doing that allows him to get the ball out before Jj can get to him. Most of his passes in week 14 were out of his hand in less than 2.5 seconds. He's not looking for the deep route, he's looking for his first read, if it's open, he takes it.
QBs that wants to basically win the Super Bowl with one play every down damn near don't win a thing.

Look at Peyton Manning 99-04 or so. Manning wanted the down field throws a ton. That would work in the regular season, and maybe in the wild card/divisional round, but when the Pats came calling; done. Those down field throws weren't open. The short pass/1st read? Forget 'em.

That, to me, explains Tony Romo's (and Schaub sometimes, too) problem. That 1st read that's open, it's OK to take it. Down-field ain't always the greatest option.