View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #58
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194572 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: More people noticing Kubiaks Conservative play calling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
So do you have evidence for your point? I mean you're going to ask someone for evidence to prove a point then you have some for yours...right? Though in the end it doesn't matter who is blame because neither are going anywhere. I would just like to see it fixed. And of course it will still have something to do with Kubiak. He leads the team and is the coach with a hands-on approach to the offense. It's rarely just a one person issue.
The only evidence I have, are the screenshots that was being posted here, in another thread, & the reports that Walter was open down the field when Schaub threw the INT in the Bengals game.

I don't have a plethora of evidence, but the point here, is that people are blaming the game plan but pointing to Schaub checking down..... this thread was started because of an article in which the premise is that Schaub is checking down.

Checking down infers that he's opting for the short routes. If that is the case, it isn't a "gameplan" issue, but a QB issue.

This was the problem with David Carr. Forget all the other problems he had, if he would have threw the ball down the field, especially in 3rd & long situations, especially when we needed to stretch the field to keep the defenses honest, we would have worked through all that other stuff. I honestly believe that.

With Carr checking down all the time, he gave us no chance to win. When Kubiak tried to get him to throw the long ball, he threw it at the wrong time, into the wrong coverage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Just like your examples for the Patriots game I can throw some that go the other direction. A 3rd and 9 where Dre is hit for 8 yards. A 3rd and long where Jean is hit for 7 yards. It goes both ways and that is the problem. We don't push the field in these situations in a consistent manner. I remember one Bengals play that frustrated me where most of the targets ran a pattern below the first down marker. Kind of makes it easy on the safety when there is only one receiver deep (intermediate really). He has little to think about so that one option will not be open.
As far as throwing short of the sticks, I'd prefer not to, but if we're throwing to Andre, OD, or Arian, I have no problem with it as those guys have picked up that first down plenty of times, I like our odds there. If it's to KDub..... not so much.