View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #45
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: More people noticing Kubiaks Conservative play calling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
You're feeding into the nonsense. Kubiak calls the plays, he doesn't tell Matt where to throw it. Matt has options. Matt chooses not to throw the ball over 10 yards.

Unless you have evidence that we had no receivers run past 10 yards down the field more than 3 times, this has nothing to do with Kubiak.
So do you have evidence for your point? I mean you're going to ask someone for evidence to prove a point then you have some for yours...right? Though in the end it doesn't matter who is blame because neither are going anywhere. I would just like to see it fixed. And of course it will still have something to do with Kubiak. He leads the team and is the coach with a hands-on approach to the offense. It's rarely just a one person issue.

Just like your examples for the Patriots game I can throw some that go the other direction. A 3rd and 9 where Dre is hit for 8 yards. A 3rd and long where Jean is hit for 7 yards. It goes both ways and that is the problem. We don't push the field in these situations in a consistent manner. I remember one Bengals play that frustrated me where most of the targets ran a pattern below the first down marker. Kind of makes it easy on the safety when there is only one receiver deep (intermediate really). He has little to think about so that one option will not be open.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote