View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #88
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: NFL Network will re-air week 14 Texans vs Pats

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
When I said it doesn't matter, it means that Casey needs to be even.

He's quicker than Leach, he should have been there at least a half hard deeper.
In that scenario, even if he gets blown up just the same, Foster still had a little more room to operate.

He decided to squat where he did, he should be able to sustain the blow instead of getting blown up.
He has got to find the best position so as not to get blown up.
It only ends up worse for Casey himself on the block.

If he needed to squat a little sooner, then that's what he should have done.

Foster then can make a decision when and where to cut.
Don't forget that Foster is supposed to be good because he knows to press the heels of his blocker; but those heels cannot go backward.
Fair enough. I am exhausted talking about this play tbh. Taking my above post even further, Graham gives Casey a better chance at getting to the second level block more cleanly.

Graham is a huge addition for us this time around. Very interesting to see what unfolds in the rematch.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote