View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #35
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: More people noticing Kubiaks Conservative play calling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
After listening to Schaub on the radio the other day it's obvious he is being overly cautious. He was asked about the red zone offense, in particular one possession in the Cinci game (can't remember the specifics but basically) where it was 3rd and goal from the 9 (?) , and he threw a check down that was stopped short.

His response blew my mind. I cant remember his exact words but he basically said in that situation it was better to throw the ball to the check down and let him try and get to the end zone that way if he failed they could at least get a field goal.

I wish someone would post a link to that podcast.
I googled "Houston Texans Podcasts" Here's the page for most of them. The statement you're talking about is the last Matt Schaub show.

I felt the exact same as you after listening myself.

His, "That was the best anyone could do" attitude was what really ticked me off. I'd have much rather have heard something that made me believe he knows there are situations when you have to create, instead of just taking what the defense gives you & that he's the guy that needs to be doing the creating, instead of Andre or Foster.