View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013   #34
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101211 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: More people noticing Kubiaks Conservative play calling...

After listening to Schaub on the radio the other day it's obvious he is being overly cautious. He was asked about the red zone offense, in particular one possession in the Cinci game (can't remember the specifics but basically) where it was 3rd and goal from the 9 (?) , and he threw a check down that was stopped short.

His response blew my mind. I cant remember his exact words but he basically said in that situation it was better to throw the ball to the check down and let him try and get to the end zone that way if he failed they could at least get a field goal.

I wish someone would post a link to that podcast. I tried but can't find it. It was really disappointing to hear him act as if he didn't want to take any chances. Like he wanted to rely on the other guys to get it done.

I'll say this, that mentality isn't going to get it done in NE.